Mar 24 2017
Program allows you to easy installation / uninstallation of a certificate and a WiFi network profile from the GUI or the command line, where user authentication is done using a RADIUS server. This allows the network administrator to create a package ZIP includes this program, profile and certificate file which allows users to easy log on to WiFi network.
Requires: .NET Framework
May need administrator rights
Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Languages: Polish / English
Before using, please test the network profile on another computer. Just please manually add the certificate to the Trusted CA certificates and connect to a WiFi network, type the user name and password. After a successful connection, we can change the profile settings by clicking on the icon in the system tray, then click on "Open Network and Sharing Center", on the left side click "Manage wireless networks" and then double click on the network profile. Here you can select different options. On the "Connection" make sure the box is checked "Connect automatically when this network is in range". If your network is NOT suitable SSID, select the "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting the name (SSID )". On the "Security" you can afford not to wish that the username and password are stored on your computer and are erased when the computer is turned off, then uncheck this option. This option is selected by default when you want to credentials are stored on your computer. In the "Settings" you can choose whether to be verified certificate. Default is our selected indicated on the RADIUS server . In the "Configure.." make sure that the only option is unchecked use of the domain name and password. Like everything ok – confirm.
How to use
- Download and unzip the zip archive program
- You will get a folder with several files nrwc
- Download the RADIUS server certificate specified in the file eap.conf section … eap tls … as certificate_file.
- if the certificate is an encrypted password – decrypt it and save certificate without password
- Replace the certificate name for the wifi-cert.der and move to folder nrwc
- Export network profile by executing in the command line:
- netsh wlan export profile name="NAME_YOUR_NETWORK" folder=C:\
- in C:\ network profile will be exported to an XML file named "Wireless Network Connection – NAME_YOUR_NETWORK.xml "
- Replace the name of the file to wifi-profile.xml and move to folder nrwc
- Test whether the application correctly adds the certificate and the network profile (must be previously removed from the system – or test on another computer) using the GUI.
- You can pack nrwc to ZIP folder. You can put on a server, USB flash drive to allow users to install the needed items and log on.
You can install the program with a graphical user interface (nrwc.exe) or via command line (nrwc-cmd.exe)
nrwc-cmd.exe – Install / Uninstall from the command line , just call the program shows the help of available options
nrwc-cmd.exe / install – installs the certificate and profile
nrwc-cmd.exe / remove – removes a certificate and profile
When you successfully execute the command returns nothing
Errors that may occur :
– "Power Wireless LAN network interface is disabled and it does not support the requested operation" – your card WiFi is off (just using the appropriate keys to switch its state) or insert a USB WiFi ( if your old laptop does not have a WiFi card or you have a computer stationary)
– The lack of wifi file-profile.xml – not exporting earlier network profile
– The lack of wifi file-cert.der – not copied RADIUS server certificate