The program allows you to easily install / uninstall the certificate and WiFi network profile from the GUI level or the command line, where user authentication is performed using a RADIUS server. This allows the network administrator to create a ZIP bundle with the application that will allow users to install the WiFi network certificate and profile without stress.
Requires .NET Framework
May require administrator rights
Systems: Windows XP / Vista / 7/8
Languages: Polish / English
Please test the network profile on another computer before use. Just manually add the certificate to the trusted CA certificate store and connect to the WiFi network, enter the username and password. After successful connection, we can change the profile settings by clicking on this icon in the systray and then clicking on “Open Network and Sharing Center”, on the left side please select “Manage Wireless Networks” and then double click on the network profile. Various options can be selected here. On the “Connection” tab, make sure that “Connect automatically when this network is in range” is selected. If your network is NOT broadcasting the SSID, also check “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)”. In the “Security” tab, you may not wish that the username and password should be saved on the computer and deleted when the computer is turned off, then uncheck this option. This option is checked by default when we want the credentials to be saved on the user’s computer. In “Settings” we can choose whether the certificate should be verified. By default, our selected is selected on the RADIUS server. In “configure ..” make sure that the only option to use the username and password is unchecked. As everything is ok – we approve.
- Download and extract the zip archive of the program.
- A directory nrwc will appear with some files.
- Download the RADIUS server certificate specified in eap.conf in the eap… tls… section as certificate_file.
- if the certificate is encrypted with a password – decrypt it
- replace the certificate name with wifi-cert.der and move to the nrwc folder
- Export a network profile by executing the following command line: netsh wlan export profile name = “YOUR NETWORK NAME” folder = C: \
- in C: \ the network profile will be exported to an XML file named “Wireless Network Connection-TU_YOURNET_NAME.xml”
- replace this file name with wifi-profile.xml and move to nrwc folder
- Test if the application correctly adds the certificate and network profile (they must be removed from the system beforehand – or test on another computer) using the GUI.
- You can zip the nrwc folder. You can put a flash drive on the server to allow users to install the necessary stuff and log in.
Can be installed from a program with a graphical interface (nrwc.exe) or via the command line (nrwc-cmd.exe)
- nrwc-cmd.exe – installation / uninstallation from the command line, just calling the program shows help with available options
- nrwc-cmd.exe / install – installs the certificate and profile
- nrwc-cmd.exe / remove – Removes the certificate and profile
When it carries out the command successfully, it returns nothing
Errors that may appear:
- “Power to the wireless LAN interface is turned off and it does not support the requested operation” – your WiFi card is turned off (just use the appropriate keys to switch its status) or insert the WiFi card to USB (if your old laptop does not have a WiFi card or you have a desktop computer )
- no wifi-profile.xml file – you haven’t exported the network profile before
- file wifi-cert.der is missing – you did not copy the RADIUS server certificate